welcome to Liv’s Happy Superfun Time Trans*/Queer Resource Giveaway!!! i’ve (almost) reached 400 followers and i figured i should do something useful with my blog if that many people are watching me have mental break downs and reblog pokemon and bubbline all day. giveaway ends June 15th, 2013!!
- don’t have to be following me i don’t really care all that much but it’d be nice if you want to/like my blog
- sorry guys but this is for PEOPLE WHO IDENTIFY AS TRANSGENDER*/GENDERQUEER/AGENDERED/SOME VARIATION OF GENDER THAT IS NOT!!! CISGENDER! i’m giving away resources for those who may not have proper access.i’d be really happy if you reblog as a signal boost but make sure you COMMENT on it saying “signal boost” or something like that so that i know you’re not reblogging it for the actual giveaway
- 1 like and 1 reblog and that’ll be counted as 2 entries but that’s it!! i don’t think it counts as any more if you do it more than once so
- have to have a valid address or po box or somewhere safe that i can send you your shit. i’m willing to ship/mail just about anywhere
- don’t be an asshole!! that’s about it for rules
what you’ll win!!!
- 100$ worth of any resources you might need as a trans* individual!! i’ll buy you a binder, bra inserts, packer or stp, makeup, clothes, i’ll send money for hormones shots, anything worth 100$ that you might need. we’ll message back and forth first to see what you need as a unique awesome individual!!
- also as a special bonus, i’m a musician so i’ll write a song for you and post it on my youtube channel! i’ll write it about anything you want (you, your friend, your lover, your pet, your favourite tv show, whatever you want)
so yeah!! happy reblogging~*~*~ if you have any questions please ask me!!
You, stop scrolling, we need to address some things about Hyperbole and a Half writer Allie Brosh. Think calling her the voice of a generation is going too far? Bullshit. This woman is one of the most real, relatable, creative, funny, and vulnerable writers of all time. From the pants-wettingly hilarious God of Cake to the needed-to-said-but-everyone’s-too-afraid-to-talk about it Adventures in Depression, Allie’s posts have genius pacing and are fantastic at highlighting the wonderful idiosyncrasies that make her who she is. She’s willing to let us in to aspects of her life that she doesn’t even understand so that people going through similar things can feel less fucking alone in a world that vilifies and over simplifies the complexities of mental illness. Allie doesn’t smile for you, or hand you bullshit platitudes because that. doesn’t. fucking. help. She’ll laugh when she’s damn well ready to laugh and she’ll cry when she damn well needs to cry, and you’ll do both with her because she speaks to the parts of all of us that we thought were too weird and too complicated to be understood.
I need a moment to process this
I just dropped my spoon
my mom found me
on the floor
in a fetal position
due to this post
Okay so I followed this video about foreshortening and…
Sycra. I love you so much for making this video.
YOU GOTTA BE FUCKING SHITTING ME
fix the tumblr video player and you can buy any fucking website you like
I’M EATING THOSE AS WE SPEAK FUCK
HAVE SOME TRUTH MOTHERFUCKERS.
You guys didn’t know that? Also Jell-O.
ok time for bed i will dismantle the patriarchy tomorrow
If the Doctor kisses River instead if Clara, I’m going to throw things.That is all.
If the Doctor kisses Clara instead of River, I’m going to throw things harder.
THAT is all.
If River kisses Clara instead of the Doctor, I’m going to fangirl so hard you might have to slap me.
THAT IS ALL.
I want all three of these things, in rapid succession.
-apologize quickly once
-ramble on about how you’re actually really accepting
-tell them about your trans* best friend who you’re so very supportive of
-apologize some more
-talk about how you never do this
-apologize even more
I am very pleased with how nicely the center of my #celestarium cinched down.
- Classic Doctor Who Clips on YouTube
- Classic Doctor Who DVDs on Amazon
- Classic Doctor Who on Netflix (the US version but you can just search it anyway)
- Doctor Who Timeline Overview (Up to Ten)
- 11 Must See Classic Doctor Who Episodes
- How to Watch Classic Doctor Who by RitchInSpace on YouTube
- Newbie to Classic Who? by WhoviansForLife on YouTube
- Wikipedia List of All Doctor Who Stories in Order
- Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Website (Full of Fact Files on Classic Doctor Who Characters and Monsters)
Please feel free to add to this list if you reblog this post.
Classic Who is on my long list of things to watch and as soon as I have time I’m definitely going to watch it. That being said;
- Just because you don’t watch Classic Who, doesn’t mean you’re not a true fan
- Don’t feel pressured into watching it if it’s not your thing. We’re almost 50 years old, we can be mature enough to respect your decision.
- “True Fans” are anyone who’s seen 1 episode, heard of the show, bought a t-shirt, etc, and loved it (yes…even if you DID skip Nine…even if I don’t advocate for it, s’long as you don’t knock him you’re fine)
Note (because Tumblr loves to call people out if they get offended) that this isn’t meant to knock the OP, I’m just adding to this awesome post.
In a piece for the New York Times, Angelina Jolie revealed she underwent a preventative double mastectomy. I’m not going to summarize it here because you should hear it coming from her. If you haven’t yet read it, you really should read it right now here.
Angelina Jolie shared a personal story in hopes of raising awareness on a number of issues, from the surgery itself to the affordability of the gene test…
…wait. what’s that coming just over those hills? Why, it’s the sexists and misogynists! Because you see WOMEN’S HEALTH is not about the WOMAN, people! It’s about the poor menz who are now ‘stuck’ with their (as in ownership of, don’t your forget it!) woman!
(Throw in a dash of racism with your misogyny? Hell, why not!)
Everyone couldn’t be the first to think of “poor Brad Pitt” like Josh above, but man did the tweets thinking of “poor Brad Pitt” keep coming…
“He lost *his* ‘tittays’.” Poor Brad Pitt lost something he apparently owned, Angelina Jolie’s breasts themselves! And, yes, people (i.e. virgins) mourned her boobs themselves as if Angelina Jolie was some sort of villain who had some diabolical reason behind doing this.
“I bet he wished he stayed with Jen now.” Oh, boy. You mean to tell me some losers used lower her risk for breast cancer as a way to attack Angelina Jolie over Jennifer Aniston?, you ask. No, I mean to tell you that MANY losers used lowering her risk for breast cancer as a way to attack Angelina Jolie over Jennifer Aniston. (And if you assumed there would be “karma” tweets, you assumed correctly!)
Here’s a slew of folks who think Angelina Jolie removed her breasts because she’s an “attention whore”! Because nothing says good publicity in Hollywood like already being a sex icon and then going ahead and having your breasts removed…
If none of the winners above quite did it for you, here’s a mish-mash of really smart people. Just replace “smart” with “dumb, thank you…
Yeah, Angelina. I can’t believe you didn’t even TAKE THE RISK OF CANCER just so Brad Pitt can enjoy your (which he owns, don’t forget) boobs while having sex. Because, don’t forget girls, you’re just sexual play toys for men and nothing more!
Too bad you got the story completely wrong. I call you a douchebag.
Yes, because without breasts, there are absolutely no good reasons whatsoever for a guy to stay with their significant other…
Yup. You hear that, ladies? Without your boobs / bewbz / tits / tittys / rack / fun bags / whatever other dumb terms these fine people use for a woman’s breasts…you are apparently pointless.
Except, you’re not. Screw these haters who’ve probably never seen a bare breast in their life. And good for you, Angelina. It’s your life and your body, no one else’s.
and the tweets in this post are just the tip of the iceberg. ugh
i keep wanting to say that i can’t believe it but the reason i’m so angry is the extent to which i can believe it